28th April 2020 Posted by - Alexander Accountancy
Staffordshire County Council have set up a limited £500,000 business fund, to support micro-businesses through this difficult time.
This grant fund is targeted at small, micro and one person businesses that are not eligible for the grants and rate relief packages offered by the government.
A total of £500,000 is available, with the maximum grant being £1,000. The grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis for eligible applicants.
Businesses will need to demonstrate what they need the grant for and what difficulties they are facing during the Covid-19 lockdown period.
Is my business eligible for the emergency grant?
If you answer yes, to all of the below questions, you could be eligible for the grant:
- Is your business based in Staffordshire? You can check the postcode of where your business is registered to see if Staffordshire County Council are your local council. If your business Is registered in Stoke-on-Trent, you will not be eligible for this grant. Please contact Stoke-on-Tent City Council for support.
- Do you employ 9 people or less?
- Is your annual turnover less than £2m?
- Do you have a business bank account?
- Have you applied but are unable to claim any other local or national business support? View the Government’s support packages for businesses
What information will I need to provide?
- Latest business accounts/profit/loss statement
- Current bank statement
- Outstanding invoices
Please note that wages cannot be claimed as part of this scheme, because self-employed earnings and the pay of furloughed employees are both covered by Government schemes.
Operational costs related to your business will be considered and could be eligible for grant support.
How do I apply?
If you think your business is eligible, the best way to apply is by completing our online form.
Our Business Advisors will take you through a series of questions to assess your eligibility. If you do not qualify, they will point you in the direction of other schemes and initiatives that your business can apply for.
If you are eligible for the grant, our Business Advisors will process your application and you should receive the funds within 14 days.
Article Source – Staffordshire.gov.uk