Monthly Archives: May 2022

VAT – discounts and free gifts-Business advice Burton on Trent

VAT – discounts and free gifts

When you issue an invoice to your customer, you must ensure that you charge the correct rate of VAT. Whilst most businesses in the UK charge VAT at the standard […]

Read More
Intrastat – trading goods with EU-Business advice Burton on Trent

Intrastat – trading goods with EU

Intrastat declarations were historically used to collect information on the movement of goods from the UK to other EU countries and vice versa. Any business that exceeded the exemption threshold […]

Read More
Corporation Tax – reminder HMRC contact details-Alexander Accountancy Burton on Trent

Corporation Tax – reminder HMRC contact details

HMRC can be called by phone on 0300 200 3410 for help with general Corporation Tax enquiries. You will need your 10-digit Unique Tax Reference (UTR) when calling HMRC and […]

Read More
Free company information-Alexander Accountancy

Free company information

There is a significant amount of information about companies that can be obtained from Companies House. Companies House is responsible for incorporating and dissolving limited companies, examining and storing company […]

Read More
Crazy Golf Charity Day - June 9th

Crazy Golf Charity Day – June 9th

CRAZY GOLF CHARITY EVENT As a Mark Twain fan I have often felt our traditional golf days needed a peoples approach. So now Alexander Accountancy are “putting together” (please forgive […]

Read More
Income excluded from a property business - Alexander Accountancy

Income excluded from a property business

HMRC publishes a list of income streams that are excluded from a UK property business. The list includes fishing concerns, hotels and guest houses, tied premises, caravan sites, lodgers and […]

Read More
Structures and Buildings Allowances - Alexander Accountancy Burton on Trent

Structures and Buildings Allowances

The Structures and Buildings Allowances (SBA) allows for tax relief on qualifying capital expenditure on new non-residential structures and buildings. The relief applies to the qualifying costs of building and […]

Read More
Payroll services Burton on Trent - Alexander Accountancy

When you are required to register for PAYE

There are a multitude of rules that new businesses must follow when they start employing staff for the first time. These include ensuring registering for PAYE as an employer with HMRC. This […]

Read More