Category Archives: Corporation Tax

Non-resident company taxation-Alexander Accountancy Burton on Trent

Non-resident company taxation

Non-resident companies with a trading business in the UK are liable to pay UK Corporation Tax on their profits made through a permanent establishment/branch or agency. If the non-resident company […]

Read More
Corporation Tax – marginal relief from 1 April 2023-Alexander Accountancy Burton on Trent

Corporation Tax – marginal relief from 1 April 2023

The Corporation Tax main rate will increase to 25% from 1 April 2023 for companies with profits over £250,000. A Small Profits Rate (SPR) of 19% will also be introduced […]

Read More
Accounting periods for Corporation Tax-Alexander Accountancy

Accounting periods for Corporation Tax

Companies often have to contend with having two different company accounting periods. This is because there are different rules for Companies House filings and for HMRC to whom any Corporation […]

Read More
Corporation Tax – reminder HMRC contact details-Alexander Accountancy Burton on Trent

Corporation Tax – reminder HMRC contact details

HMRC can be called by phone on 0300 200 3410 for help with general Corporation Tax enquiries. You will need your 10-digit Unique Tax Reference (UTR) when calling HMRC and […]

Read More
Appeals process for late filing of company accounts-alexander accountancy Burton on Trent

Appeals process for late filing of company accounts

There are late filing penalties which are designed to encourage companies to file their accounts and reports on time. All companies, private and public, large or small, trading or non-trading […]

Read More
management accounts Burton on Trent

Filing obligations for private limited companies

It is important that anyone responsible for the accounts and tax filing regime for private limited companies is aware of their obligations. After the end of its financial year, a […]

Read More

What can be transferred between group members?

Corporation Tax relief may be available when a company or organisation makes a trading loss. Companies that are eligible for group relief can transfer

Read More
Alexander Accountancy - Tax experts burotn on trent

Corporation Tax loss buying

Under qualifying circumstances, Corporation Tax (CT) relief is available where a company makes a trading loss. The trading loss can be used to claim CT relief by offsetting the loss […]

Read More